2015 JK shuts down at low speeds

cbernal97

So last week while i was reversing into a parking spot jeep shut down. Thought it was battery issue but i just got a new battery at the beginning of the year. The jeep starts normally for a few seconds then it starts stalling and it shuts down. I also suspected it had something to with a vacuum so i disconnected the tubes that connect directly to the cannister purge valve and left them disconnected while running the engine and out of luck that seemed to do the trick, the engine didn't stall and worked like normal. I ended replacing the canister purge valve and no issues till today i was driving at a park at around 10 mph and the engine shut down. It did the same thing where it would start normal and seconds later start stalling and shut down. So i used the same method where i disconnected the tubes that connect to the cannister purge valve and it worked again. What could be the issue???

Last edited:
Is the red light on the dash on when this happens? If so could be a bad battery in the key fob. If you have an extra key fob try using it to start the Jeep and see what happens.

Did it happen after you got some fuel in your tank? You might try putting a red bottle of Heet in your tank if so.

Reactions: tJKrider
Actually yea it did happen an hour after getting fuel from Shell which i think is good quality gas but who knows ill try adding heet and let's see what happens.

It's probably not a electrical problem since you didn't get a CEL.