2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara check engine light on

Herb

Hey everybody, I’m posting this in hopes I can finally get some help from you guys out there or maybe someone has delt with the same issue. I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 3.6 V6 and have been having performance issues. On minor and steep inclines (mainly highways) my Jeep goes into limp mode and the check engine light comes on. It does not go over 45-50 miles an hour at that point. I feel a lack of performance before and like the engine it’s not at its full potential. I have checked the code it gives me and it says it’s the cam shaft sensor.. I have replaced both 4 times and the same issue arises. The check engine light turns off after about two hours of the Jeep being off. It will run fine in town it’s not until I meet an incline on the road, where I feel the Jeep needs power, that the check engine light turns on and it goes into limp mode. A few people have suggested the mas air flow sensor? Not sure. Please help. Again check engine light comes off after a few hours of the Jeep being off which I find strange.

Are you using OEM parts, sometimes these Jeeps are pretty picky. Also have you tried doing a battery reset so the ECM can try to relearn.

Are you using OEM parts, sometimes these Jeeps are pretty picky. Also have you tried doing a battery reset so the ECM can try to relearn.
I’m pretty sure engine wise all parts are OEM. It did come with a snorkeler which is why someone suggested the mas air flow sensor? How do you do a battery reset? I have disconnected the battery a few times and have took it to a mechanic to check the check engine light which is where they’ve changed the cam shaft sensors multiple times on warranty but the same problem still happens.

You might be right. Ima order them in OEM and try that hopefully that helps. Would you suggest replacing the mass air flow sensor as well or maybe just cleaning it? I just find it weird that only on inclines on the road this happens.

You might be right. Ima order them in OEM and try that hopefully that helps. Would you suggest replacing the mass air flow sensor as well or maybe just cleaning it? I just find it weird that only on inclines on the road this happens.
Any electrical problem will give a CEL, if there isn't a CEL for the MAF then it's not the problem.

I had a random misfire code. Cleared it an it still ran really rough. No power and poor milage. Bought MAF cleaner spray and removed and cleaned sensor. 1st flashing CEL. cleared code, regular CEL, cleared code and runs like new. Cheap to try and helped milage. I am just under 100K, 2014

I had a random misfire code. Cleared it an it still ran really rough. No power and poor milage. Bought MAF cleaner spray and removed and cleaned sensor. 1st flashing CEL. cleared code, regular CEL, cleared code and runs like new. Cheap to try and helped milage. I am just under 100K, 2014
I’m going to try this Bryan. Thanks man!