2013 JK Unlimited intermittent power issues

TheBeardedCheng

Supporting Member
New to the forum. I've owned my 2013 JKU since December of 2012. I have about 170k miles on it. I have noticed an intermittent issue that where it feels like I am driving with my foot on the gas and brake at the same time. Doesn't want to shift right; and it feels very sluggish. Also, a slight vibration in develops. Usually happens when I have been driving awhile. Not sure if it is trans related, clutch related, transmission cooler related or something else. Checking to see if anyone has had a similar issue.

It propagates at about 40 and up. Usually after I have been driving for a while and definitely after some traffic. I'm going to get it in this week for a tune-up. One thing that I forgot to mention in my original post is that when this happens, there is definitely a burnt smell that I smell when I park. That's why I am wondering if it is a clutching issue.

just had the computer updated at the dealership also. Kept having my oil pressure sending unit throw a failure code. Went ahead and replaced the oil cooler when I did, there was an oil leak at the cooler. The smell doesn't smell like burnt oil either.

yes...trans fluid look ok and doesn't smell burnt.

Doubt if it's a trans issue then. I know of a couple JK's around your year that was having issues with the under hood insulation getting sucked over the air filter box intake and partially choking to engine out.