2012 Wrangler JKU issues

twodogs112

Ok, here’s a good one. Bought the jku to tow behind rv. It runs great, good mileage, has 213 k miles, all stock, no hop ups.

All the issues started with an oil change at a quickie place. They used the wrong oil filter. Started throwing all kinds of codes. Replaced with the correct oil filter, took it to my local mechanic.
Replaced plugs, injectors, had rodent damage to harness with bad patch job, replaced factory harness, replaced with factory injector harness, replaced cat converter (both), replaced o2 sensors, replaced temp sensor, oil pressure sensor, throttle body , basically everything that need’s to be replaced.

Have a small leak at rear main seal, repairs coming soon. Here is the issue. The cats and o2 are still throwing codes. Cel light won’t go out. Disconnected battery, light goes out for awhile , comes back on. Tried to erase codes with JScan , no luck. O2sensors are working.
Jeep runs great, all recalls have been done. No coolant or oil leaks from engine. Just the rear main seal. No issues with the “ticking”.

Any one have any ideas? It’s driving me crazy. Please help. Thanks.

What CEL's are the O2's throwing?

Did you put aftermarket Cats on of Factory ones?

After market cats, cat airflow restrictions, however JScan shows no issue with performance. These are the same codes I had before I replaced them. They show as permanent and historical.

After market cats, cat airflow restrictions, however JScan shows no issue with performance. These are the same codes I had before I replaced them. They show as permanent and historical.

Did you ever do a ECM reset after all the repairs?

Reactions: Duster
Big question is could the computer have been messed up because of the rodent damaged engine wiring harness.

No idea on that question only way to know is to send the ECM off to have it checked. There's a Member on here that has a ECM repair Business if you need to do that.

I’m trying one tonight. Disconnected battery. Will re attach cables tomorrow. I did the brief disconnect and reattached. Cel went out for a short time and came back on.

Ok, I reset , disconnected the battery for 12 hours. Reconnected and started . No cel, drove for about 30 minutes. Stoped, did some work on the rv. Started the jeep , the cel is back. Same readings as before.
Jeep runs great. I’m at a total loss. A gentleman at the rv storage lot has a Jeep jk, he said to check the emissions pump/canister. Could it be that simple?

Ok, I reset , disconnected the battery for 12 hours. Reconnected and started . No cel, drove for about 30 minutes. Stoped, did some work on the rv. Started the jeep , the cel is back. Same readings as before.
Jeep runs great. I’m at a total loss. A gentleman at the rv storage lot has a Jeep jk, he said to check the emissions pump/canister. Could it be that simple?

I'm pretty sure the Emissions PC has a separate code for that if it's a problem. Have you ever cleaned the grounds, replaced the junk factory battery clamps?

Can you link me to the cat O2 foolers you used?

Not sure what o2 coolers are. I replaced with Bosch o2 sensors. All 4. Could the o2 spacer(spark plug sleeve) possibly help with the o2 reading? We have no emissions testing here in Florida.
No smoke of any kind coming out of tailpipe. No heavy or oily residue on tail pipe end.
Only the front 1 & 2 o2 sensors show a fault. Rear o2 sensors shor a steady 9100 on the JScan. I’m stumped!!!

Not sure what o2 coolers are. I replaced with Bosch o2 sensors. All 4. Could the o2 spacer(spark plug sleeve) possibly help with the o2 reading? We have no emissions testing here in Florida.
No smoke of any kind coming out of tailpipe. No heavy or oily residue on tail pipe end.
Only the front 1 & 2 o2 sensors show a fault. Rear o2 sensors shor a steady 9100 on the JScan. I’m stumped!!!

These are O2 Foolers I had to put this one on mine when I put high flow cats on for the Down Stream O2's. You'll have a P0430 CEL for this problem.

Reactions: Duster and tJKrider