2012 JK Death Wobble Questions

I stand a 4' level against the fender so it's straight and measure the top side of the tire to the level. Do that on both sides front and rear to check to check to see they are centered.
Thanks, I measured from the spring mount to the level as it was straight against the tire. Its about 5/16 further out on drivers side. However, as I was checking things again, I noticed all the wheel balance weights are missing on driver side, only a couple left on passenger and rear may be missing a few...

• Wow
Reactions: mrjp
Yah, I think so.
I appreciate the feedback from you guys, and everyone on the forum. You can learn alot from other people's experiences. Too bad teenagers don't understand that...These tires are pretty worn so it's a good time to go up to 35s and get a new trackbar before the lift.

Reactions: Danarch
A 3.5" lift would need to have adjustable track bars front and rear. Adjustable Control arms in the front so that the Alignment can be set to specs.

If you have wobble with the stock suspension it's going to be any of these things:

Tie Rods
Hub bearings
Steering Gearbox play
Alignment
Bad tires, balance or broken belt.
Loose lugnuts either spacer or wheel
Ball Joints

It's best to find and fix the problem before getting a lift because the lift will make the problem worse.
Posting pics for others who may get the wobble. Missing the balance weights on driver wheel, some on rest of the wheels and the rubber on front ball joints look shot. Tires are worn. Never knew these would cause such bad vibrations at 45mph. This forum helps alot. Suspension and steering bolts are tight, and no play with bearings or wheels at all.

20210330_213635.jpg

20210330_213705.jpg

Reactions: mrjp