2011 Wangler Sport front end wobble

STAnavy2000

Anyone know why I would get a bad wobble in the front after going over a bump. Everything underneath is brand new.

90CAF906-3DFB-4FDB-BDD6-33098C45C375.jpeg

DAEF434F-D511-49B5-AE21-EA7AD9BF9A40.jpeg

Have you jacked up your front axle and had someone move a tire back and forth so you can see if anything doesn't look right?

It also will help to hold one wheel while someone is moving the other one while looking. Steering gearboxes can get some free play after some age, you can tighten up the screw on top of the gearbox to tighten it back up if that's the problem.

Shimmy check list:
  1. Check and balance the wheels/tires
  2. Check for play in the pitman arm
  3. Check for play in the ball joints
  4. Check or replace the steering damper
  5. Check the drag link, Tie rod ball joints for signs of wear.
  6. Re-seat the wheels/tires on the rotors.
  7. Check the upper & lower control arm bushings

Reactions: Chris
Tanks all for the help. I was crunched for tim, patience and just really wanted it to work right. I took it to a local expert who I would recommend in the Jacksonville area. Overbuilt Customs. I was extremely happy with their work and the owner and staff are absolute professionals. The operation is top shelf.
Thanks for all the guidance from the JK Forum folks.

Tanks all for the help. I was crunched for tim, patience and just really wanted it to work right. I took it to a local expert who I would recommend in the Jacksonville area. Overbuilt Customs. I was extremely happy with their work and the owner and staff are absolute professionals. The operation is top shelf.
Thanks for all the guidance from the JK Forum folks.

What ended up being the issue?