2010 JKU interior lights

SWOOD82

This may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever asked. We are replacing the interior lights in our 2010 JKU. It suddenly dawned on me that the only lights that illuminate in the interior are the dome, instrument cluster, and radio.

I cannot recall what items even lit up in the first place! I know the gear shifter should, the window buttons, the wiper and headlight sticks, and I feel like we should have footwell lights as well.

Before we rip the whole interior apart, can someone warn me about how to best check these?

My 08 doesn’t have lights window roll down/up buttons
Maybe someone else can confirm or mine are burnt out . Never thought of it B4. Lol
But with regards to OP question . JKU , front & rear dome , instrument cluster , heater controls etc, auto shifter console , radio .
Don’t think the headlight & wiper levers light up .
Just drove it tonight so it’s pretty sad I will have to double check that

Reactions: BigAL07
Yeah, the interior lighting in general for JKUs is pretty underwhelming.
My '14 is no different than others already commenting: dash, shifter console, climate controls (and other buttons on that panel) and both dome lights.

Without adding any lighting, the next best option is to upgrade existing dome lights to LEDs. Northridge 4x4 offers a stage 1 and stage 2 LED bulb replacement kit which includes 4 LED bulbs for both front map lamps, the rear dome and the license plate lamp. Stage 1 being the standard swap and stage 2 being the brighter option. They run around $35 the last time I looked.

Reactions: mrjp