2010 JK Sport- Question/Opinions needed about Lift

@MacGuyver I believe that is accurate. The coils and shocks are different in some form, but the ride height I think is the same. If you look you’ll see stock Rubi’s with red shocks. This is all for the JK’s. I have no idea on the JL’s but yes I do think I remember seeing the fenders are different on the JL rubi’s. Well ride height would be different due to tire size between a stock sport model and Rubi.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
I'm pretty sure this depends on the year. I don't think there was much difference in the JKs, though I can't speak to the Recon package. In the JL the Rubicon front "fenders" are higher.

JK Rubicon packages were more about the lockers, sway bar disconnect, gear ratio, and front end dana 44. I don't remember there being anything different in the shocks.
I spent a little time googling and reading.

From what I found, it looks like the JK Sport has 9.7" of clearance and the Rubicon 10.8", despite the D44 having a larger pumpkin.
The Rubicon has stiffer springs, but they are dimensionally (uncompressed) the same as the other models. This results in less body weight spring compression and a slightly higher stance. Most sources I found say it's an inch or so. The rest of the added clearance is from the larger OEM tire. There are also reports that some non-Rubicon models were sold with Rubicon springs. So it seems like time to grab your tape measure.

The general consensus seems to be that you can fit 33" tires on non-Rubicon models and 35" on Rubicons without a lift. Both are often (but not always) reported to rub when flexed. Clearly there is a fair bit of variance between vehicles.

I spent a little time googling and reading.

From what I found, it looks like the JK Sport has 9.7" of clearance and the Rubicon 10.8", despite the D44 having a larger pumpkin.
The Rubicon has stiffer springs, but they are dimensionally (uncompressed) the same as the other models. This results in less body weight spring compression and a slightly higher stance. Most sources I found say it's an inch or so. The rest of the added clearance is from the larger OEM tire. There are also reports that some non-Rubicon models were sold with Rubicon springs. So it seems like time to grab your tape measure.

The general consensus seems to be that you can fit 33" tires on non-Rubicon models and 35" on Rubicons without a lift. Both are often (but not always) reported to rub when flexed. Clearly there is a fair bit of variance between vehicles.
I know on my 2009 Rubicon when I tried to put 285/70/17s on the stock wheels they couldn't even be bolted on the vehicle as they rubbed in the rear, but I've heard here that others with later model JKs could put them on just fine.

In addition, sport models used to come with 29 inch tires which would be just about right for that clearance change. But, I've also heard there is a coil difference as well.

Long story short. Jeep messed with things all the time, and you really have to take stats about your jeep from that model years book, while being careful you aren't comparing to a different trim level or one of the thousand specialty trims they release each year. Especially if you have a 2011, the Frankenstein year.

There are about 4-5 different coil springs used on the stock Jeeps, I got some used coils from a 2018 Rubicon and the spring numbers were the highest weight rating. They lifted my Jk up probably about a 1" to 1.5", there's lots of info about the coils part numbers on the web.