2008 JKU Rubi PID's??

f22beaver

Hey all, I'm looking at a 2008 JKU Rubi Sport (edit: thanks to u/speartip for model clarification) tomorrow and there's speculation from the seller that the cats are bad. I'd like to monitor pre-cat O2 sensors to see if the engine itself is fine to get a feel for fuel burn independent of the cats.

Which is all to say, does anyone have the PID list for a 2008? I have to tell my scan tool what PID's to record and there is, surprisingly, quite a few standard names in OBD2 for pre-cat O2's.

I could just tell it to record EVERY PID but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm looking at a 2008 JKU Rubi Sport tomorrow and there's speculation from the seller that the cats are bad. I'd like to monitor pre-cat O2 sensors to see if the engine itself is fine to get a feel for fuel burn independent of the cats.

Which is all to say, does anyone have the PID list for a 2008? I have to tell my scan tool what PID's to record and there is, surprisingly, quite a few standard names in OBD2 for pre-cat O2's.

I could just tell it to record EVERY PID but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks!
Well first thing . There is no such thing as a Rubicon Sport . It’s either one or another .
The wrangler cones in three models .
Sport
Sahara
Rubicon
Unfortunately not familiar with the tool your describing . Sounds really helpful in determining emissions etc.
I’m sure somebody here will be able to provide with what your looking for .
Good Luck

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Well first thing . There is no such thing as a Rubicon Sport . It’s either one or another .
The wrangler cones in three models .
Sport
Sahara
Rubicon
Unfortunately not familiar with the tool your describing . Sounds really helpful in determining emissions etc.
I’m sure somebody here will be able to provide with what your looking for .
Good Luck
Thanks!! I've only owned TJ's so thanks for the clarification. That's how the owner listed the ad, but the hood says Rubicon so let's go with that.

Have to agree with Danarch. Lots of people put lying badges on vehicles. Run the VIN.
As far as the cats go, start with this: is it throwing any codes? If not, then it's extremely unlikely the cats are bad. If it is, what are they?

Have to agree with Danarch. Lots of people put lying badges on vehicles. Run the VIN.
As far as the cats go, start with this: is it throwing any codes? If not, then it's extremely unlikely the cats are bad. If it is, what are they?
Yep, that's the point of my test drive. Going to pull codes then watch fuel trims and all that good stuff. I agree cats are a more rare failure mode.

It does have the sway bar and locker buttons on it so I suspect it is a Rubicon but I will verify front and back Dana 44s and that the buttons work.

Yep, that's the point of my test drive. Going to pull codes then watch fuel trims and all that good stuff. I agree cats are a more rare failure mode.

It does have the sway bar and locker buttons on it so I suspect it is a Rubicon but I will verify front and back Dana 44s and that the buttons work.
P0420-29 are Bank 1, 30-39 are Bank 2 codes.

I find THIS site really useful for brand-specific OBDII codes.

Both banks under efficiency thresholds and (likely) a sluggish O2 sensor. I'll do some reading on both courses once home.

Screenshot_20220925-134543.png

If anyone needs it in the future here's what the 08 Rubicon has available for OBD2 monitoring.

Additionally, the B1S1 O2 sensor every 6 seconds drops out on voltage to something like .005 V. I'm assuming that's my circuit slow response but will investigate if we buy the Jeep.

Screenshot_20220925-182028.png

Screenshot_20220925-182153.png

Screenshot_20220925-182201.png