2.5” lift

TargetOz

Hi guys,

I did search for this but couldn’t find info on it…I want to do a 2.5” lift on my 2009 JK Unlimited Rubicon as my 2” isn’t enough for my 33’s and want to go up to 35’s. 2 questions:
Do I need to do anything to the suspension components to take a 2.5” lift?
Will the 2.5” lift cater for 35” tires?

Thanks on advance.

I have a 2.5" lift with 35s without any additional suspension mods. 2.5" is about the limit without having to change components.

Jeep 2.jpg

I have a 2.5" lift with 35s without any additional suspension mods. 2.5" is about the limit without having to change components.

View attachment 120626
@Anybodyhome what lift did you go with? I think I have settled on AEV, seems like it will fit my needs and give the additional clearance I want. I looked at MetalCloak and Teraflex but seems like each require an exhaust spacer and either change in wheels for backspacing or a spacer. I know at some time I may need to change the wheels or do a spacer but right now I am not sure when I’d want to make those changes.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
@Anybodyhome what lift did you go with? I think I have settled on AEV, seems like it will fit my needs and give the additional clearance I want. I looked at MetalCloak and Teraflex but seems like each require an exhaust spacer and either change in wheels for backspacing or a spacer. I know at some time I may need to change the wheels or do a spacer but right now I am not sure when I’d want to make those changes.
I have a Teraflex, which the PO installed and I had inspected when I purchased back in '16 to make sure it was done right. I have 18" Motometal Model 962 wheels and no spacers. I'd have to look at the exhaust for a spacer. (being transparent here- don't know that I've ever closely examined the exhaust system on my JKU).
I have a 2014 Sahara. You have a Rubi, right? You've got a factory lift that other models don't have, that may be a difference?

I have a Teraflex, which the PO installed and I had inspected when I purchased back in '16 to make sure it was done right. I have 18" Motometal Model 962 wheels and no spacers. I'd have to look at the exhaust for a spacer. (being transparent here- don't know that I've ever closely examined the exhaust system on my JKU).
I have a 2014 Sahara. You have a Rubi, right? You've got a factory lift that other models don't have, that may be a difference?
Thanks, looks like your wheels may meet the back set requirement. Yes I have a Rubi HR and I really like the wheels, plus just had new tires put on about 4 months ago (others were bad from age). Given that it will be a while before I switch tires and wheels. I plan on going to 33’s some day. Not sure if I’ll jump to 35’s or not. With the 4.10 gears ands what I think I’ll do the 2.5” ane 33’s should work well. I didn’t think the Rubi had a lift, just the Recon I thought had a 1” higher coil.

Do you want a lot of flex?

Reactions: mrjp