Would my Jeep be able to handle 33s?

GJarrell6

Hey yall, new to the forum and was looking for some opinions from people who know more about this stuff than I do lol. I have a 2017 Willys 2 door stock everything. I was thinking about moving up to 33s and maybe getting a 2.5 inch suspension lift. Mine's a daily driver with about a 20-25 minute drive to work everyday. Would my jeep be able to handle moving up a size in tires to 33in or would I need to go ahead and get a certain size or type of lift to make it work?

For 33s you'll want a 2.5" lift ideally, that will be the perfect size. You could put the 33s on without a lift, but you'd have to extend your bump stops quite a bit to keep the tires from crashing into the fender when off-roading or anything like that (even big pot holes in the road).

There are a lot of lifts to choose from. Quality lifts include @Clayton Off Road, Currie, Savvy, AEV, and several others. Stay away from Skyjacker and Rough Country, which are low quality, poorly designed lifts in most cases.

Reactions: Workerbee33
Like Chris said, 33's would fit perfectly with a 2.5" lift! Some guys even fit 35's underneath, which is tight and would cause some minor rubbing, but people like what they like! If you're looking for a high quality suspension system designed to keep your Jeep riding comfortably on road while increasing your capability off road, you should definitely check out our Overland+ system. The Giiro joints used in this kit are 100% maintenance free, self centering, dual durometer bushings that help to soak up road noise and vibrations on road, and provide all of the flex you need to wheel competently off road!

I'll leave a link if you're interested in reading more, and as always - forum discounts are available to members (y)

I put 35" on mine (2016 you see in my bio pic with 32" and no lift) with 2.5" lift. I ripped off my back fenders on my first run. So, moral of the story. 2.5" lift + 35", you need bump stops at a minimum (did that) and I changed out my fenders for flat ones for so more room. I love how it drives but at speed (70/75), I have to DRIVE my Jeep now. No looking around...just concentration...