Wiring connector behind rollbar panel in cargo space

aaronhaight22

While doing some custom wiring earlier today on my JK for my spare tire delete kit, pulling away the right panel in the rear cargo area revealed a wire with a connect male and female ends, don’t appear to go together, it’s located where the factory subwoofer would be in certain packages for select years with the Alpine audio systems, does anyone know if this could be wiring for the factory subwoofer? Any response would be greatly appreciated!

3614EF87-5E02-4F7E-9CFD-D2BC778E8A9B.jpeg

Pretty sure it's 12V power for an outlet that some subwoofers have. Some JKs(yours) have the wiring, some don't(mine). Theres a lengthy thread on another forum about it. Runs off of fuse M7 in the engine bay fuse box.

Last edited:
I’ve found a OEM Alpine subwoofer for a great deal, the connectors look to be plug and play, would I have to upgrade to a better Amp before installing the subwoofer, I only have what factory Wranglers come with, no Alpine audio upgrade.

I’ve found a OEM Alpine subwoofer for a great deal, the connectors look to be plug and play, would I have to upgrade to a better Amp before installing the subwoofer, I only have what factory Wranglers come with, no Alpine audio upgrade.

You'd need the amp that comes with the Apline equipped Wranglers. The stock amp you have won't cut it. Heck, I'm not even sure that sub will work with your amp.