Wiper issues

WhiskeyTango

Hey guys. I'm having issues with my wipers. I've replaced the switch in the wheel column. I checkED the relay in the fuse box and thats good. I plugged in the superchip and it said that the wiper is stuck in high. I did read saying the wiper motor could cause a voltage surge and short out the entire system. Should I replace the motor and come back? Or does anyone have any recommendations of what to do?

What issues are you having?
Well I replaced the wiper switch and checked the fuses. There is a clicking in the fuse box when I put the wipers in high and low. I jumped the motor to make sure that was working and it is. Do you have any ideas? Like I said in the original post I read that the motor can cause a surge of voltage shorting out the system and that does make sense to me since my flashpaq is saying the samething. But I just want second opinions and see if peeps can tell me if I'm heading in the right direction or not.

I take it the wiper motor isn’t working. What voltages are you getting at the motor connection?