Windshield Wipers Turn On Every Few Seconds

F

FLGeezer

Yay, now another problem. So, new to me 09 Jeep, noticed that whenever I used the mist function on my wipers they would still wipe every few seconds. I could get this to stop by turning them on full then back off. Now they make one swipe when I first turn on the key then start wiping every 13 seconds. Googled solutions and did the remove negative battery terminal, step on brake then wait 10 minutes. Well, now they wipe every 21 seconds instead of 13. WTF?

No codes, btw.

Googling returns anything from replacing the instrument cluster to replacing the TIPM. Anybody else experience this?

Just bought the Jeep and now I'm wondering what I've got myself into. LOL.

💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸

Reactions: BigAL07
I notice that if I accidentally bump the wiper handle mine will do there own thing, I usually turn them on then off and they quit. One of the Jeep things like the door locks doing there own thing.

7kw7mw.jpg

I notice that if I accidentally bump the wiper handle mine will do there own thing

I went out for a drive and pushed upward on the wiper handle/stalk/thingy for a bit and waited. They never came on again. Might be a bad handle/stalk/thingy.