Aesthention

Hey everyone, I recently bought my first Wrangler, a 12' JK. At first the windows worked fine, after about a month the rears worked intermittently. After a couple weeks, all windows stopped all together. Won't go up, or down. I tried disconnecting the battery as the only fix I can seem to find on YouTube and Forums is to reset the computer. It worked for about 10 seconds, and they all stopped working again. For a few seconds after they stopped working, you could hear a very fast paced clicking coming from the dash, before it quite all together. I've tried checking my fuses, connectors, computer reset, etc. What could be the issue that could cause all of them to stop working all together? I was thinking window regulator but if that was the case only one window would stop working at a time correct? Maybe computer issue at this point?

• Sad
Reactions: Dirty Dog
As you say, if it were the actuator, they'd all have to go out at the same time, which seems really unlikely.
My first suspect would be the switch cluster in your dash. Disconnect the ground cable on your battery. You can pop the switch cluster out using a trim panel tool or (if you're careful) a small flathead screwdriver. The connector on the harness has a locking tab, but if that is broken (or just not locked) it can come loose pretty easy. If the connection is secure, reconnect your battery, grab your multimeter, and start checking connections.

I was not aware of that trick. Very handy. In our Jeeps, the aftermarket head unit can be popped off, giving you a huge opening right where you need it.

Reactions: SteveF and mrjp