Winch/plate weight

CS2017JKU

Looking to add a winch with plate and keep my stock front bumper. Any of you notice how much this sags your front end? Trying to get some info before i decide on what i want to do for a lift.

Alot will depend on the size of winch you want, and they will give the weight of the winches in the specs. The plate shouldn't be much over 5 lbs, but not sure what kind of a plate your taking about.

Alot will depend on the size of winch you want, and they will give the weight of the winches in the specs. The plate shouldn't be much over 5 lbs, but not sure what kind of a plate your taking about.
I was looking at the rock hard winch plate and a warn evo. I know its a decent amount of weight so as far as adding that, how much will it sag the front end.

Measure the front of the Jeep somewhere then you stand on the front bumper and measure again, it should go down less with the winch and plate then with you. Unless you weigh less then a 100 lbs.

Just installed a winch plate and winch, while I didn’t measure the clearance visually I really can’t tell a difference. Plus with it being in the front seldom it isn’t a ground clearacne issues, that usually seems to be more mid section of the jeep. I suppose it could affect arrival angle, but it seems like it would be minimal.

Reactions: mrjp