Will I need any other mods for 35s and a 2.5 inch lift?

Sage

I've got a 2015 Sport (all stock) and would like to put 35's with a 2.5 coil spring lift for some light off roading, nothing crazy. Any other necessary mods or will that suffice for my needs?

Last edited:
With 35s you ideally want around 3.5" to 4.5" of lift. However, if losing up-travel isn't a concern and you don't really plan to do any serious off-roading, technically you will be fine.

You won't need anything other than a 2.5" lift kit and ideally an upgraded tire carrier for the spare (I recommend AEV or TeraFlex).

2.5 and bump stops will work for 35's fine.

If you need more room, trim the flares a little or run aftermarket flat-flares or high clearance flare kits.

If you still need more:

A 1" body lift on top of that and you would really be golden even if you go off-road a lot.

It will not radically affect the steering or anything else to promote deathwobble or some of the other things you've heard that can happen if you keep the lift minimal like that. I will agree with @Chris and even if you only run lift springs and bump stop it, adjust the brake line hose slack appropriately AND GET GOOD TUNED SHOCKS for the new flex capabilities, you can be really amazed at your Jeep.

The re-enforced tire carrier for your tailgate will save you from long term damage caused by the much heavier 35" tire.

Depending on factory gearing and transmission, I'd re-gear to 5.13's maybe even 5.39's for 35's.
Might be able to get away with 4.88 but if you ever want to go to 37's some day, gears in the 5.xx will help that.
This will help keep all your pep in your drive and not overheat the transmission if it's an auto for sure.

RR

I was going to suggest gears too, though not absolutely necessary. I've been thinking 35s with factory gears for 2 years. Plenty of charts out there that suggest gearing for different size tires. I'd recommend 4.56 maybe 4.88. Anything higher and you're really looking more for offroad performance versus a decent daily driver. Google charts for gearing and 35" tires.