Will a steering stabilizer solve the death wobble?

ontonagon

Have a 2018 which has the death wobble. Have been researching SS and the Teraflex Falcon Nexus 2.2 has great reviews. Anyone have experience with it? Will it solve the death wobble? Thank you

No it will not solve the DW and it is not a simple fix.
It is more than just the steering stabilizer that you have to look at.
The entire front suspension needs to be checked thoroughly and it is a process of elimination.

Reactions: Mjmsi and ontonagon
Steering stabilizers have no more to do with solving death wobble than band-aids do with curing cancer. They aren't related whatsoever.

Just like @Oscar Mike said, the entire front suspension needs to be checked thoroughly, including track bar bolt torques, ball joints, steering, etc.

First thing I would check is that the trackbar is torqued to 125 ft-lbs. Upper and lower bolts.

I'm guessing it is not stock if an 18 has DW, what mods have been done to it? It will help to focus in on possibilities. As has been stated, steering stabs have nothing to do with DW.

Reactions: Mjmsi and ontonagon
There was a recall for sterring issues, have you checked to see if it covered the DW? May have only been for extra play in the wheel.

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you. Shows how much I don’t know. 4x4 garage down in Anchorage (240 miles) is going to thoroughly check it for me. Appreciate everyone keeping me from going down the wrong path.