Wife isn't happy with LED light install

JimNH

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
i recently installed Sunpie LED halos - they work awesome, nothing wrong with them...except that my wife thinks they look too modern and wants the "classic" headlight look back.

OK - back to the drawing board. I am now going to have to go back to making a new lighting harness powered from the battery and finding some better reflectors for H4 bulbs.

i don't think this is going to be something she lets slide...and I am in the doghouse for not getting prior style approval.

oh well...

IMG_3888.jpg

i recently installed Sunpie LED halos - they work awesome, nothing wrong with them...except that my wife thinks they look too modern and wants the "classic" headlight look back.

OK - back to the drawing board. I am now going to have to go back to making a new lighting harness powered from the battery and finding some better reflectors for H4 bulbs.

i don't think this is going to be something she lets slide...and I am in the doghouse for not getting prior style approval.

oh well...

View attachment 115937
I agree with your wife - the classic look adds to the legendary name "Jeep Wrangler". She's got a good taste!

What's wrong with you! Ya think you can just roll over your wife? What else have you done behind her back? Shame on you! LED Halos lights - hah! There's more into this story.

I also agree that I like a more classic look.

If you want a killer light output from halogen headlights with a classic look, get the Cibie H4 housings:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008DQV88Q/?tag=jkforum-20

If you pair those with a good set of H4 bulbs and this harness:

You'll have a killer halogen light setup to say the least.

I did this on my TJ, and the difference is astounding, believe me. Just as good, if not better than almost nay LED headlight out there.

The Cibies are also very highly regarded as the best 7" halogen H4 housings on the market.

Reactions: theRealCrazy
yes, thanks - I looked into those I believe when I was contemplating the upgrade originally, but ended up going LED as the price was actually a bit lower. But, now I am spending the money twice...thank you for the recommendations. I spent much more than $25 trying to assemble my own harness!

yes, I proved they work and they literally have been in the car for about 3 weeks - and I still have the box they came in. When I get a new solution I would be happy to pass them along at a small loss. I'll see about getting the replacements ordered and let you know.

Reactions: Zaythedad
I have the fog lights to go with them as well if you want those. I'll just get brighter bulbs for the OEM ones I guess. anyone got a suggestion there?

Reactions: Zaythedad