Whining noise from transmission

P

patriotfivezero

2017 jku auto. Shifted into 4wdh and loud whining noise from transmission. Shifted into neutral and noise went away at first. Shifted back in drive and noise came back. Had to drive 6 miles. Noise went away at higher speed. Now grinding/rumble noise when starting and in park. Loud whining when in gear.

Drain some fluid from both...I like using cheap coffee filters...see which one has glitter or chucks.

You might get away with draining the fluid, dropping the transmission pan, replacing the filter, flushing the cooler and filling it up with fresh fluids.

-Mac

Reactions: TROY66/68
Drain some fluid from both...I like using cheap coffee filters...see which one has glitter or chucks.

You might get away with draining the fluid, dropping the transmission pan, replacing the filter, flushing the cooler and filling it up with fresh fluids.

-Mac
It is a Jeep. Why not spend more $$$ and use expensive coffee filters? Seems appropriate.

Reactions: SteveF
Can I shift into 4WD while moving Jeep Wrangler?

"The Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator have the 2 Wheel Drive Part-time System. To put them into 4 Wheel Drive High you need to be drive around 7 – 30mph and pull down the lever from 2H to 4H. If you need to put them into 4 Wheel Drive Low you need to be Parked and then shift into Neutral."

Reactions: SteveF