Where to mount pod lights and why?

Maximus

JK Enthusiast
Looking for a little more / better lighting so I picked up a set of these. For those who have pod lights, did you mount them on your front bumper or pillar....and why?

CC146906-4585-4279-AE01-114BBABF18F9.jpeg

it really does depend on the use you'll have with those.
I have 2 KC's spots mounted on my pillars because i do a lot of offroading at night and they light up nicely everything from 3ft to 25feet height at about 30feet. so i can see trees/rocks...
I changed the bulbs to LEDs for the front fog lights and they're quite powerful for ground levels obstacles.
When my Gobi rack finally shows up, i'm planning on adding Led lights on top of it to cover even more ground.
even an average trail can become extremely challenging in pitch black.

however if it's for looks, i think mounting to the bull bar is always a nice way to show them.
G6RZv1xGQlQYdpN7GRbdD4Gg=w1898-h1618-no?authuser=0.jpg

Reactions: Maximus
I thought about that too. I’m also thinking about drilling holes in the bull bar to run the wires through

That's a good idea running the wires inside to make it a clean install, biggest part of that job will be getting them fished out of the hole you'll have to drill in the underside of the bar on the bumper. Make sure to use rubber grommets where the wires pass through the metal.

That's a good idea running the wires inside to make it a clean install, biggest part of that job will be getting them fished out of the hole you'll have to drill in the underside of the bar on the bumper. Make sure to use rubber grommets where the wires pass through the metal.
I’ll drill them on the back side of the bull bar and run them through to the back side of the bumper. Where can I find rubber grommets? And if I cant find grommets, should I use some kind of silicone?

I’ll drill them on the back side of the bull bar and run them through to the back side of the bumper. Where can I find rubber grommets? And if I cant find grommets, should I use some kind of silicone?

Alot of Hardware stores will have grommets in the fasteners section, if you can't find any just use some wire loom. It will protect the wires.