What to do if it rains and no top?

Don

I have a 2014 JK 2-door. I have taken off the hard top for the first time and love it, but I need something in case I'm caught out in the rain. I understand the sunshades (like Alien) are not going to keep much water out, and I don't want a full-blown soft top. Any suggestions?

I keep a trash bag in the glove box to slide over the steering wheel. Other wise I bought this. I can get it on (in a serviceable manner) in 1min tops.

Saw this in the product info.
Important Notes on this Product: This top does not require factory-style Door Surrounds but we highly recommend using them as the top will fit on top of the door surrounds providing a better look and better protection from adverse weather. Attaching this top without door surrounds will leave a gap between the Doors and Rollbar. This top is designed to protect you from the sun and sudden showers while driving. It is not a waterproof top so the inside of your vehicle can get wet during rainstorms.

I've had my freedom panels off and it began to rain while we were going down the interstate at 70. Never got a drop.

Reactions: mrjp
You possibly find a decent softtop on craigslist. I've gotten all mine there and never paid more than $500. My current was a fancy premium top that had never been used for $400

If you go this way, aim for 2010 or newer, they are just easier to use. Get all the hardware with it or pass.

You possibly find a decent softtop on craigslist. I've gotten all mine there and never paid more than $500. My current was a fancy premium top that had never been used for $400

If you go this way, aim for 2010 or newer, they are just easier to use. Get all the hardware with it or pass.
Make sure you get door surrounds no matter which top you end up with. Facebook Marketplace is also a good place to look.

I have a 2014 JK 2-door. I have taken off the hard top for the first time and love it, but I need something in case I'm caught out in the rain. I understand the sunshades (like Alien) are not going to keep much water out, and I don't want a full-blown soft top. Any suggestions?
Park under a bridge

• Haha
10% chance of rain yesterday. The boy and I were out doing the weekend topless thing and a pop up storm came. Had to pull into a gas station under the shelter for the pumps . Lesson here? 10% turns into 100% if your top is down. 😂