What tires to buy?

Patrick

Hey I just bought a 2007 wrangler unlimited 4dr. It needs new tires. 285/70/17s. What tire would be the best for me? It will be a daily driver. Chicago weather...40 highway miles a day. Add in some hunting trips on muddy trails every weekend. What would be a good tire to purchase?

The Nitto ridge grappplers or falken wild peaks, I have the nitto ridge grapplers in a 285/70/17 and I love them. They have been quiet so far and I only lost around 1.5-2 mpg from the stock tires.

D65FFFFF-CD41-4F22-BBE1-E18C8FF5A7C6.jpeg

I have run Nitto's as well and they are a great tire.

If you are staying with stock size I would probably recommend you first decide how much you want to spend. There are so many awesome choices and you can find some nice tires on eboy these days. Most of the inexpensive tires will be made of a softer compound which means they will wear faster than some but still be worth buying in the long run. You should stick to softer compound tires if you run a big lug tire in the Chicago area with the cold (snow, ice, and rain) they will give you the traction that you need.

If I were in your shoes I would be looking at something similar to the Milestar Patagonia.

No matter what you pick, just make sure its a Radial tire.

Good luck!

Whatever you do, get an A/T tire if you plan on driving it mostly on-road, and if you plan on seeing packed snow on the streets.

I highly, highly suggest either the Goodyear Duratrac (which is an amazing tire in the snow) or the BFG KO2.

Reactions: JerryD
I have Nitto's currently but Duratracs have been great in Michigan winters. Haven't had KO's in a long time - good tire but I liked the Duratracs better for snow. Ice is a crap shoot with anything but a studded tire :)

Reactions: mrjp
I`m running Dick CPek Fun Country Acutely a pretty decent tire and tread smooth and quite ride
30a89f26e545d7a39560ffed4209d7f1.jpeg

Reactions: BLACKJKU