What size 33” tire can I use on this set up without issues?

Runner51761

I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I have installed a Teraflex performance coil spring leveling kit. 2” lift in the front and 1” lift in the back.
I also installed Spidertrax 1.5 in. wheel spacers. I traded my stock rims and have a set of stock Rubicon rims with the BFG tires. Wanting to know what size 33 in. tire to get with the set up I have and have no rubbing issues. Driven mostly on the highway. I see 285/70R17 listed a lot. Will 295/70R17 work or will they be too much? My Jeep is a automatic and gear ratio is a 3.21. Thanks in advance for any input.

54CF2071-F51D-4AFA-8FB1-F76D36DE1DA2.jpeg

285/70R17 should fit perfect without rubbing. Mine has the same lift on it with 1.5” wheel spacers with 295/70R17 and they just barely rub under the right flex, but that will be remedied with flat fenders and different rock sliders next.

Reactions: Runner51761
285's fill out the wheel well a bit more than stock, but I agree with @Threepointsix. With that modest boost, it's looking pretty good as it is. I'm afraid moving too big with your gears would get annoying after a while. Although, if you are in the plains, you may not notice it. As a point of reference, My last JK (2dr) had the same boost w/285 duratracs and 3.73 gears. It was "okay" in the hilly areas of Michigan I live in but it wasn't great. The '16 I have now has a 2.5" lift and 35's w/3.73's. For a 2dr, I like the look but I'm moving up to 4.56 gears soonish. Some of the hills - it's just a dog on them. When you look at the graphic above, you can see where I'm at now and feeling the pain and where you would be on with 3.21's. Just a comparison for you.

Welcome to the forum! Love the red :)

Thanks, you guy’s for all the information and compliments! Sounds like when the time comes I will
stick with the 285/70R17’s. Probably will try and find the lightest as far as tire weight in a all terrian
tire but try and find one that has somewhat of a aggressive tread? If there is one LOL, feel free to
weigh in on tires...Thanks again

Thanks, you guy’s for all the information and compliments! Sounds like when the time comes I will
stick with the 285/70R17’s. Probably will try and find the lightest as far as tire weight in a all terrian
tire but try and find one that has somewhat of a aggressive tread? If there is one LOL, feel free toweigh in on tires...Thanks again
I’d quickly recommend Goodyear Duratracs. You can’t go wrong with them.

Reactions: JerryD