What oil are you running in your 3.6 Pentastar?

Hooperdog

JK Enthusiast
What oil are you guys running? I know some motors like different oils, my 4.0 was great on Mobil 1 but my ecoboost f150 like semi synthetic better, it's quieter.. about to change the oil in my Jeep for the 1st time since I've owned it..

Most will say Mobil as you've suggested. I just happen to use the services of Valvoline but I take my own oil into the shop. As for the grade, I've been using the 5W20 but some will say 5W30. One of the most important things to consider when adding oil or doing an oil change, is don't follow the owners manual. The manual claims 6 quarts of oil and I found this to be way too much. While at Valvoline, I have them pour a little less than 5¾ then I'll check the level the following day after the jeep's been sitting overnight. Typically at that point, no oil would need to be added.

I am about to change with Shell Rotella full-synthetic 5W20. $22 at Walmart. I believe any quality synthetic is fine and after 100k plus miles in the Pentastar I don’t find it to be a picky engine.
Thanks, only 60k miles on her... I got 5/30 full syn... and yes from Walmart. I hate shopping in sweat pants.

Mine is a 2013 and I use Kirkland Signature 5w20. It is the sames as the SuperTech at Walmart. Never had any issues, always change my oil 3k to 4k miles. Wait till Costco has the oil on sale and it is $30 for 2 5 quart jugs. The oil is from Warren Distributing that also makes Mag one racing oil.

Unlike every Pentastar on earth, my 2012 Wrangler uses 30 weight oil. So I use the oil that took my Dodge Dakota 623,000 miles.

[/URL]
I'm splitting hairs, but that oil is 0 weight oil with an additive package so that the viscosity is equivalent to 30 weight at higher temps. I'm distinguishing between the "thickness" and viscosity of the oil here... I'm not assuming you hold this belief, but many think it's the other way around.

Works great on the 3.6 😂🍺🍺

IMG_1362.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1o1Proof
What oil are you guys running? I know some motors like different oils, my 4.0 was great on Mobil 1 but my ecoboost f150 like semi synthetic better, it's quieter.. about to change the oil in my Jeep for the 1st time since I've owned it..
I use the recommended 5W20 fully synthetic. No issues so far.