What is a good 2.5 lift that doesn't break the bank?

Barbrej

Update: got the package, Thanks! Now, what is a good 2.5 lift kit that doesn't kill the bank?

The wife just picked out 17x9 wheels, and BF Goodrich KO2 285/70R17. But before I pull the trigger. I would like to lift it this summer, but go down rabbit holes of lifts and tires and never can make up my mind.

Currently it is stock wheels/tires, no lift. Will 33's look good on a 2.5' lift. Pictures seem to look fine with them, and I have no interest in going to 35s since it is a daily driver.

2017, Unlimited Sport, JK.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Last edited:
Thanks, went to buy the tires and got this pop up. Any idea how much the ride changes with these tires?

Annotation 2021-03-01 075714.jpg

never did that on ours, the 285 is not much bigger than the stock 32s in actual OD
Doesn't matter, change the speedometer if you change tire size. You won't notice it as much with a smaller change in size however, this also affects the shift points. ALWAYS change speedometer for automatic. If manual, it's just good form so you know how fast you are going and how many miles you have on the vehicle.

Reactions: mrjp
Here is my 2009 with 17x 9 wheels and 285 70 17s faulken wildpeak. I would go with KO2s but my buddy doesn't carry them, and I'll stick with my second choice in tires for the luxury of dealing with somebody I trust implicitly.
Lifted day one.jpg

Reactions: Barbrej and mrjp
If you lower your tire pressure to about 28 - 30 psi your ride will be great. If you run 35psi you will have a harsh ride. The higher side wall rating is why you can and need to run a lower psi.

Reactions: Barbrej
The one you see above is the Teraflex spring kit with 9500 shocks. No adjustable control arms or track bar. Some day I'll get a new track bar, but it is only about 1/2 inch off middle.

Nothing above.
I'm referencing the pic of my jeep I posted earlier.

Here is the kit that is installed.Teraflex 2.5 lift

I did not buy it straight from Teraflex and I don't remember what I paid, $650 or $700 come to mind, but not sure. I did the install myself, so that reduces the cost quite a bit. Jack stands and four letter words.

Last edited: