What else should I replace while I'm doing the spark plugs and coil packs?

JKTimmah

Supporting Member
I'm getting a misfire on cylinder 5 and have decided to go ahead and do the plugs and maybe coil packs. I'm only approaching 60k miles though, so that's kind of disappointing if they're failing already. That being said, should I consider going all the way to the oil cooler under the intake? Mine is NOT leaking, but it seems like you're halfway there while doing the driver side plugs. Are the aftermarket units better? Are the later OEM units better? Am I better off not touching it? What would you fellow Jeepers do? 🤔

Thanks!
T

My opinion, but no. If it's not leaking, you're doing it right. If it were leaking, I would do the plugs, but not the other way around. I've only used Mopar for the oil cooler. I've heard bad results with the offbrand Amazon/Ebay specials.

For electrical sensors, spark plugs, radiator and oil cooler, I'll stick with OEM.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
At 60k I think I'd do the spark plugs, coil packs, and probably leave it at that. Might be a good idea though while you're in there to do the oil cooler since they are prone to leaking.

I would always use OEM when given the choice.

coil pack, plugs, plug wires. I also replaced the heat shield on the drivers side as it was all broken and rusty.