What caster for 2-3" lift and 35's?

cpwolf

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
What caster angle are others getting to work well with 2-3" lift and 35's?

Background on my setup:
08 JK
2" suspension lift and 1" body lift.
We have fairly new 35" BFG muds.

Doesn't return to straight well. If I'm doing 50mph and the road curves, if I don't bring it back to straight, it likes to stay in that curve. Same with small adjustments while driving, if you adjust in your lane a little....it stays turned and you have to adjust it back yourself or you're jumping lanes. Gets more annoying at higher speeds.

I'm not an expert, but after a lot of reading it seems that Castor may be an issue, so I measured with a digital level and the pics are below, reading 3.4 degrees on the driver ball joint and 87.1 and 87.4 on the vertical flats by diff, if I read Chris' directions on measuring correct on the How To thread.

Castor 1.jpgCastor 2.jpgCastor 3.jpg

Front Suspension.jpgCastor 4.jpg

I'd like this to drive a little better, my 17 year old has this as a daily driver. It rides great for the most part other than this. JK experienced folks, are these angles way off? With this setup, would these drive these results, or should I be looking elsewhere?

If this looks like the issue, and any suggestions on lower CA's? I got all Savvy Double Adjustable that I just put on my TJ, from the bend in these, I'm not sure DA is an option?

Last edited:
The general consensus is anywhere from 6-8° of castor for that ride height. I'm sure Clayton Offroad and maybe Ruffstuff make DA CA's. I'm running CORE4X4 on my 08 JK, with 7° of castor. It's also a daily, and my wife says it rides great. I'd definitely upgrade the front driveshaft to a double cardan when possible.

The general consensus is anywhere from 6-8° of castor for that ride height. I'm sure Clayton Offroad and maybe Ruffstuff make DA CA's. I'm running CORE4X4 on my 08 JK, with 7° of castor. It's also a daily, and my wife says it rides great. I'd definitely upgrade the front driveshaft to a double cardan when possible.
It has a front DC driveshaft. Core4x4 followed up, they are doing the upper in double adjustable should be cool.

Reactions: Team Nacho JK