What are the best fluids to use on my Jeep Wrangler JK?

Doug G

Hello all ,
My JK has 69K on it and I want change ALL my fluids . Can someone please tell me the best fluids to use , it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Doug G

Hello all ,
My JK has 69K on it and I want change ALL my fluids . Can someone please tell me the best fluids to use , it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Doug G
We use Amsoil for motor oil. I have been told it doesnt break down with heat (when doing serious wheeling this is will help) like other motor oils do, this could just be a myth though.

Here is what I put on mine, cheap stuff from Walmart.
You need to flush all these fluids:
- Engine Oil : 5w-20 Pensoil
- Transmission Oil : ATF-4 Valvoline
- Differential Oil : 75x140 LS Valvoline
- Rad. Coolant : OAT by PEAK
- Steering Fluid : ATF-4 Valvoline
- Brake Fluid : DOT-3 Prestone
- T. Case Fluid : ATF-4 Valvoline

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Any of the name brands of engine oul are good. As for differentials, I went with Amsoil on ours.
Royal Purple is good too. We have large industrial gearboxes where I work and they switched over to Royal Purple and have had great results.
Just my 2 cents!

Reactions: max
Any of the name brands of engine oul are good. As for differentials, I went with Amsoil on ours.
Royal Purple is good too. We have large industrial gearboxes where I work and they switched over to Royal Purple and have had great results.
Just my 2 cents!
When I was younger Royal Purple is not just good but is one of the best, talk of the town among us gear-heads and I believe it to this day.
Now that I am a lot older, I have 3 wranglers and they all get fluid transfusions from the wally world. 60% economical with same ball park performance yield.

Last edited: