What all do I need to run coilovers on my 2012 JKU?

TwiisT

Hey guys I may be dumb for asking this which will prove my lacking knowledge, but what all do I need in order to run coil overs on my 2011 4 door JKU? I heard I would need aftermarket axles for them to fit? Is there anything I can do to run coil overs on my JK without getting a whole new axle? TIA

• Haha
Reactions: NOT Vasq
You'll need A LOT of money, that's for sure.

In most cases you'll need aftermarket axles, the coilovers themselves, bump stops, outboard shock mounts in the rear, hoops in the front, etc.

You're talking about a huge project that involves lots of cutting and welding.

I would ask you this to start with: What problem are you trying to solve by going with coilovers?

If you can't answer that in detail, then you're trying to solve a problem you don't have, and you're going to spend a ton of time and money to do it.

You may be a "mod collector" and there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Doing something just to do it is completely fine. However, I will tell you that this is one of those mods that you're going to end up spending copious amounts of money on if you want to do it right, trust me.

TwiisT

Your Jeep, as it sits right now, will go 90% of the places the big tire crowd goes, but slower.
The only reason for "mods" is for specialized driving, like rock crawling.
YouTube has a series that covers exactly what I just said; "Grandpa's Jeep."
1616789273304.png

Last edited: