Welding Barricade roof rack

dcooper45

Any reason I should't weld the barricade roof rack? Tired of listening to the squeeking joints.
I'm getting ready to pull it tomorrow to
IMG_20210212_145533874_HDR (2).jpg
IMG_20210212_145545279_HDR.jpg
weld and paint.

Looking for the following input:

1. Reasons not to weld it.

2. Color to paint it. (body color, blue to match wheels or matte black)

3. Paint the air deflector matte black or leave it raw aluminun.

Hoping to start this in the morning so thanks for quick responses.

Don’t see why you shouldn’t weld it. Guess you could question if the ‘give’ at the joints is something it needs for it not to damage the mounting locations. I personally cannot stand rattling sounds on my Jeep. And in my experience, XT products are subpar. So I’d weld it or remove and sell.

The deflector, either or black or as is. Just not blue. The rack might look cool matching it to the wheels. That’s all preference, really. You gotta be the one to love it either way.

Don’t see why you shouldn’t weld it. Guess you could question if the ‘give’ at the joints is something it needs for it not to damage the mounting locations. I personally cannot stand rattling sounds on my Jeep. And in my experience, XT products are subpar. So I’d weld it or remove and sell.

The deflector, either or black or as is. Just not blue. The rack might look cool matching it to the wheels. That’s all preference, really. You gotta be the one to love it either way.
I agree with you, weld it or sell. I've always done all my own tubing work on other offroad buggies and 4x4's, this rack is a good place to start, but needs full welding for best quality. I hate bolt together stuff. Thank you for the input.