Weird acceleration Issue

jeepgamez

Anyone have any ideas why this would happen? When we are driving on a highway, our Jeep randomly will not accelerate when pushing into the pedal. Only happens at higher speeds but not always. We had A local dealer take a look last week but all they did was drive it and didn’t find a problem since it wasn’t throwing any errors and they couldn’t reproduce. My video shows the problem. Thanks!

That's got to be something electronic.

If the dealer can't solve it (which they should be able to), they clearly have incompetent techs. I would hook up an OBDII scanner to it with live data diagnostics. You could drive with it plugged in and monitor things in real time. I suspect this is what any good shop (not the dealer) would do.

That's got to be something electronic.

If the dealer can't solve it (which they should be able to), they clearly have incompetent techs. I would hook up an OBDII scanner to it with live data diagnostics. You could drive with it plugged in and monitor things in real time. I suspect this is what any good shop (not the dealer) would do.
Thanks. We are going to recalibrate our Jeep since we have 35” tires on it and then Try your suggestion. Thx!

Reactions: Chris
Someone else had that problem and the insulation under the hood was being sucked over the intake for the air filter and restricting the air flow.

Reactions: Chris