Warning ding sound and traction control light

J1K6U

I’m driving along and I get the warning ‘ding’ and the traction control symbol comes on. Sometimes my radio ‘loses’ Bluetooth and switches to FM. Any ideas? Battery and/or alternator, maybe?

Bit more information if you could. What year, how many doors and manual or auto.

From there, are you going on flat ground, up hill or down. A bit more info is needed.

I used to have a 14 auto that would do this going up one certain very steep hill, a friend encountered the same but less often with her 2012 on the same hill. My guess for that was that it is some sort of stability control getting tripped. Cruise wouldn't work until I shut the jeep off and back on. Hasn't happened at all on my 2009 manual.

If you are just driving straight, and not over hills or around curves it may not be for the same reasons.

Reactions: Chris
Bit more information if you could. What year, how many doors and manual or auto.

From there, are you going on flat ground, up hill or down. A bit more info is needed.

I used to have a 14 auto that would do this going up one certain very steep hill, a friend encountered the same but less often with her 2012 on the same hill. My guess for that was that it is some sort of stability control getting tripped. Cruise wouldn't work until I shut the jeep off and back on. Hasn't happened at all on my 2009 manual.

If you are just driving straight, and not over hills or around curves it may not be for the same reasons.
Sorry for loooooong delay in replying. It’s a 2016 Unlimited with auto trans. Uphill, downhill, flat ground doesn’t matter, just happens once in a blue moon. Also, the speedo/tach needles drop and traction control light comes on. All this happens for a split second and then it’s like it never happened. I’m about half suspicious of the chinsy negative battery terminal clamp. Despite being tightened all the way I can still wiggle it by hand with a modicum of effort. Checked my fuse box and made sure everything was well seated. If you don’t mind me asking, what part of WI? Been to Appleton a few times on business...loved it!

Sorry for loooooong delay in replying. It’s a 2016 Unlimited with auto trans. Uphill, downhill, flat ground doesn’t matter, just happens once in a blue moon. Also, the speedo/tach needles drop and traction control light comes on. All this happens for a split second and then it’s like it never happened. I’m about half suspicious of the chinsy negative battery terminal clamp. Despite being tightened all the way I can still wiggle it by hand with a modicum of effort. Checked my fuse box and made sure everything was well seated. If you don’t mind me asking, what part of WI? Been to Appleton a few times on business...loved it!

Dirty loose grounds can cause alot of problems.

Western Wisconsin. About an hour east of the Minneapolis / St Paul. I have family in the Oshkosh area though, just down the road from Appleton. That's the boring part of the state lol. Much prettier near the Mississippi.

Have you scanned it for codes by chance?
C2101 Battery voltage high
B1630 Right low beam control circuit high
B126C Left low beam control circuit high
Interesting fact: don’t recall it ever happening with my headlights on, usually happens in the daytime

While I never had the radio problem my traction control and ABS light would come on sometimes. Ding and all. Wound up being a wheel speed sensor on my end.

Reactions: mrjp