Want an old school jk trail rig

Behricon

TRAIL RIG! wanted to see if anyone may know how hard it would be to go old school with the jk. thinking 318 motor and 727 tranny. I know before anyone says something some states wont allow this but this is a trail rig.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
TRAIL RIG! wanted to see if anyone may know how hard it would be to go old school with the jk. thinking 318 motor and 727 tranny. I know before anyone says something some states wont allow this but this is a trail rig.

The problem with that old would be the Jeep is a drivers side drop on the front axle, all the older Dodges are passenger side drop.

Also you need a way to make the ASD relay or what ever they use for the TIPM to work. They do it on the LS swaps so it shouldn't be to hard to get it done.

I honestly don't know about the difference in the axle drops. I know a few guys who did it in their YJ's just nobody I know in a JK. Maybe have to swap a front axle too? I think it would be cool to ditch all the electronics in the JK and do it old school. If that doesnt work, you could always grab a 5.2 or a 5.9 from a 98-04 Dakota or Ram and use a Painless Wire harness setup.

I have a rebuilt GM 4.3 with a 4l60 trans in a S10 that i'm putting in mine when if the ole 3.8 decides to give out.