Wandering Steering

jeepersmom

Good afternoon, I have a 2008 Sahara that has been lifted with a 4 inch suspension lift - it seems to wander from left to right a bit at any speed. it has rough country suspension parts - we replaced the steering gears and it is better but still not "tight" I have had a suspension check done at 2 separate shops and they both say suspension parts are tight - we also replaced the front drive shaft just last week due to a noise in 4X4 which didn't correct any steering issue. Where do I go next? has anyone seen this?

Does it have adjustable control arms and adjustable track bar in the front, and adjustable track bar in the rear? Not many RC lift Kits do come with those parts and they are needed to get the alignment done correctly.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
I have to ask because it wasn't mentioned but was an alignment done? The parts can be all tight as they want, but if the wheels aren't all facing the same direction the jeep has to pick a line to follow.. and it will do this constantly.

Having similar issues jeepersmom with my 09' JKU. Bought it this summer as a project. Drove up from Florida to Illinois for college this past weekend, and took it to my buddies ranch the weekend before, about 1500 hard miles in the past 10 days. Started wandering and the steering felt very loose, and it does not absorb bumps well at all. It was my first time taking it off road, and I expected it to handle dirt roads much better than it did. Now, it has a very pronounced creaking noise any time I turn the wheel, coming from the front. Whenever I turn, the vehicle does not come back to true on its own. Tie rods and bushing appear tight. Really at a loss on this one, and would love any help I can get!