Wandered over here from the TJ forum

Maybe it's a sign, time to trade in your TJ into a JK?
I too, jumped shipped from TJ to JK and I start to like what my JK is doing.

Last edited:
You seem awfully familiar :ROFLMAO:

Don't ever, ever, ever trade the TJ for a JK. Owning both I can understand, but take it from someone who has owned both, they are both great vehicles, but both entirely different (as you know). I appreciate the TJ so much for it's simplicity, that's for sure.

The JKs (and JLs) are inherently more complicated.

Reactions: Flivver250
I came here because I help friends wrench on their JK's all the time. All good stuff. My TJ has a secure spot in the garage. Besides, who would recover all the JK's when they get stuck in the dunes? In truth, the JK is a very solid rig and surely it is a more civilized street performer. My son has a JK and his has been a faithful steed. Nevermind that he is a limp wristed mall crawler that takes after his mother. His Jeep has gotten him from coffee bistro to hair stylist shops without failure for over 7 years. :p

Reactions: Chris
Ribbing is encouraged. I make fun of JKs, but at the same time, I do actually like them (especially a clean 2-door JK Rubicon).

The JK and JL are so much better on-road than the TJ it's not even funny, but the TJ will always hold a special place in my heart. In my mind you can't even really compare them. The JK combines the functionality of a Jeep with the practicality and drivability of a modern SUV. Quiet, comfortable, and much more refined.

The TJ is like that old car that is noisy, not so great on really long drives, but has so much character that you can't help but love it.

And of course as you know, they're much easier to wrench on. In my mind, the best garage would have one of each, a JK and a TJ.

My son's TJ has been totally trouble free for 7 years straight. I helped him install a small lift on it. Well, I installed the lift and he watched with feigned interest.

Reactions: Oscar-Mike
Yeah, I still love TJs.
I replaced my TJ rear shaft and u-joints recently with no jack.
But I begin to like my JK for some reason (I hope my TJs are not listening) :)

Reactions: Flivver250