Voswitch - JK100, Shutting Off

USMC0331

Purchased and installed a new Voswitch JK100 (8 Switch) two weeks ago. The device is wired with the provided fuse tap for key on/off. The issue I am experiencing is the switch panel turns off after approximately 15 minutes after the key is turned on. All display lights on the panel go dark and the buttons are unresponsive. If you stop the Jeep, turn it off, open/close the door, and turn the Jeep back on, the panel resumes normal operation for about 15 minutes before turning back off. The Jeep has a new 160 Amp alternator and readings at the battery are 12.8 to 14.3 (under load and at idle). I have emailed Voswitch for support but no response yet.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips or experienced this issue with their installation?

Thanks.

Semper Fi.

Sounds like you need to find a different Key on location to get your power from.
I used the recommended fuse slot, M6 (Cig lighter). I will test to see if the cig lighter stops working also when the Voswitch display panel goes off. Thanks.

Turn the key on to run and then pull that fuse out, use a test light or meter and check to see which terminal is hot then use that one for your tap.

Reactions: Vman and Lxxtsy
Sounds like you need to find a different Key on location to get your power from.
So I ran a test - I drove around until the switch panel turned off. I then tested the cig lighter. The test failed. The cig lighter did not get hot. For some reason, the fuse tap in M6 is shutting down. The fuse is not popped. I took off the fuse cover and the fuse tap is not hot. Not sure why it is turning off. I'll tap into another fuse and test to see if the switch panel still turns off. Thanks.

So I ran a test - I drove around until the switch panel turned off. I then tested the cig lighter. The test failed. The cig lighter did not get hot. For some reason, the fuse tap in M6 is shutting down. The fuse is not popped. I took off the fuse cover and the fuse tap is not hot. Not sure why it is turning off. I'll tap into another fuse and test to see if the switch panel still turns off. Thanks.

If you put your fuse tap on the wrong side of the fuse and it's on the fused side could be the reason.

I did receive a response from Voswitch. They recommended moving the fuse tap to M7 or M9. I moved it from M6 to M7 and tested it all weekend with no issues.

The thread title can be changed to reflect the issue is resolved. Thank you.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU