Voltage Drop Problem

MKempf

My issue is strange and I have looked through the site and cant find anything so any help would be appreciated. Everything on my jeep runs fine and I havent added or removed anything in some time. When I have the selector switch on the right set to the last 2 settings for the defrost and i turn the blower OFF the voltage drops and the engine acts like it is going to stall but only for a second and then its back to normal. It doesnt do it when I turn the blower back on just when I turn it off. I checked my alternator output and it is at a constant 14.8volts until I turn the blower off then everything drops to 12 which causes the engine to almost die but just for a second and then the engine picks back up and the volts jump back to 14.8

I can run all my lights and everything and there isnt any trouble it only seems to be when the selector on the right is set to the last two positions and only when I turn the blower off not on? I kinda think I should start by replacing the blower motor but my problem is it only does it when the selector is set to the last two settings on the right (Defrost) and at $150 to $200 for just the blower motor I figured I would ask here to see if anyone could help me first before I spent the money on the blower and getting it installed just to find out that isnt it.

Thanks in advance for any help..

I'm thinking maybe the selector switch is bad and shorting out and catching 2 speeds at the same time when switching.

What happens when you turn all the lights, wipers, blower on high and 4 ways? Does the voltage drop down much below normal?

I'm thinking maybe the selector switch is bad and shorting out and catching 2 speeds at the same time when switching.

What happens when you turn all the lights, wipers, blower on high and 4 ways? Does the voltage drop down much below normal?
The voltage doesnt drop when everything is on. I can run all my lights and everything else and there isnt any trouble it only seems to be when the selector on the right is set to the last two positions and only when I turn the blower off not on?