Upgrading interior lights but avoiding problems

JeepBandit

I just traded my '13 JKU Sport for a '16 JKU Sahara (75th Anniv Edition). When I put brighter interior lights in my Sport, it caused the map lights in the rear view mirror to stay on and I had to unplug it.

I would like to avoid that in my Sahara and get the 'correct' lights to avoid that.

Any recommendations?

I put LEDs in my 08 and they wanted to stay on sometimes all the time while driving then after a few days they went back to normal. I wonder if there is a relearn with them the darn computers do to much on these Jeeps.

Reactions: Chris
I have the 75th Anniversary as well and replaced the interior bulbs with GTR lighting LED bulbs from Headlight Revolution
Have had them for over 2 years now and have had no issues
Really made a huge difference

I have the 75th Anniversary as well and replaced the interior bulbs with GTR lighting LED bulbs from Headlight Revolution
Have had them for over 2 years now and have had no issues
Really made a huge difference

Nice!

Question, have you tried swapping out from halogen to LED headlights?

Nice!

Question, have you tried swapping out from halogen to LED headlights?

I recently swapped them out a few months back for LED headlight bulbs and it made a HUGE difference I got them from the same company (Headlight Revolution) they were the GTR Lighting H13 bulb upgrade.
The nice thing is these bulbs is that unlike others you don’t need to connect to any resistors or splice wires or anything. It’s just plug and play, but you do have to zip tie the harness connections together because the new connection doesn’t fit 100% to stay on but they know and actually provide zip ties with the bulbs
They also have LED upgrades for the fog lights, turn signals, reverse, brake and license plate lights