Uncomfortable drivers seat on 2017 JK 2-door

msgtjk

So I just purchased a 2017 JK 2 door Sahara. This is my 3rd wrangler in 11 years.
My first was a 2012 jk 2 door sport, then 2016 jk 4 door sport now the 17. This one has the most uncomfortable seat. I just cannot get comfortable. So I bought blocks for under the front bolts hoping to be able to have my legs more on the seat. That helped a little bit until I ordered my misch extender’s to be able to get four more inches of legroom. Now I feel like I am sitting above the steering wheel and I am even more uncomfortable now. I just removed the blocks so I won’t know until tomorrow in my way to work. I’m not holding my breath though.
Does anybody have any ideas? Maybe I should find a 2016 sport four-door seat. Would they be different? I just spent $26,000 on this and not even one payment in. I need help.

I feel your literal pain. I'm 6'6" and my 2014 Sahara has created issues for me- most painful is the plantar fasciitis from driving and always having the entire weight of my legs on my feet. The seat bottom does not support any of my legs and even with the steering wheel tilted up as far as it will go, my knees always feel jammed underneath it. The best I can do is jack the seat height up, but I still can't get the leg room necessary to distribute my weight on the seat.
Even if I could figure out a way to extend the seat rails another 3-4 inches, I think this would make a huge difference.

It’s tough too because I bought the rails which give me the 4” but now my clutch foot is too far away. Haha! I wouldn’t mind if I’ve never had a jeep before but I did and never had these issues.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
It’s tough too because I bought the rails which give me the 4” but now my clutch foot is too far away. Haha! I wouldn’t mind if I’ve never had a jeep before but I did and never had these issues.
Can you swap them out for the 2" rails? Misch has those as well.

I’m actually ok with the 4” because I can move the seat up now. It’s the height of it because now it’s my seat with the frame on top of the rails. The other extension they sell (which is sold out) is just a replacement seat frame basically

I've reached out to them to see if their extension will work on the 4-door. Of course, in this day and age, no response all day.

I've reached out to them to see if their extension will work on the 4-door. Of course, in this day and age, no response all day.
I actually didn’t see it on extreme terrain, but this is the Misch webpage. Their page is kind of funky on the iPhone maybe a computer would be easier.

IMG_0977.jpeg

Thank you very much! I did buy those before I bought the rails to give me four more inches in leg room but now I think I’ve messed everything up because the risers feel weird with the extenders. I just have to figure this out. I love my jeep, but my seat is still too damn uncomfortable.

Reactions: JeepJeezy