Ultimate Dana 44 Issues?

Chrise238

I am having a strange issue with my UD44 and upper control arm lengths. This will be my 2nd UD44 with the same issue.

When I am setting my uppers to the same length, the will not line up with the axle upper mount without having to attach the driver arm then raise the pinion with a bottle jack about 1/4 in or more to get the passenger side bolt in. Never had this issue on my stock D30.

Yes my lowers are set at the same length.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Current setup:
UD44 front axle
4" Evo Enforcer Stage 3 Lift
Teraflex Falcon 3.3 Shocks
Cavfab 1 Ton Tie Rod and Drag link
38" Milestar Pats

Last edited:
Ideally it doesn't exactly matter that all of the arms are the EXACT same length. What matters is that the axle is square and not binding on the axle or frame. While it is possible they didn't get the brackets perfectly aligned, it could be an issue on the frame side or that your control arms are binding.

Typically the best way to set the lower control arms to the proper length and set one upper to the pinion angle you need. Set the last one on what allows the bolt to slide in without needing a hammer, this should keep your control arms from binding against each other.

Hope it helps.

Ideally it doesn't exactly matter that all of the arms are the EXACT same length. What matters is that the axle is square and not binding on the axle or frame. While it is possible they didn't get the brackets perfectly aligned, it could be an issue on the frame side or that your control arms are binding.

Typically the best way to set the lower control arms to the proper length and set one upper to the pinion angle you need. Set the last one on what allows the bolt to slide in without needing a hammer, this should keep your control arms from binding against each other.

Hope it helps.