Turn signal issues

nomo$inpocket

I'm lost on this issue...I have problems with turn signals not working when I turn headlights on. when lights are off everything is fine signal wise. when I turn parking lights or headlights on the signal goes into hyper flash on the front and the message on the dash comes on saying left rear bulb is out and light is not flashing. Same problem with left or right side signals also back-up lights come on when I turn lights on. took it to dealer and they said a ground was bad in the TIPM and the bill to fix would be 1200, I bought a rebuilt TIPM from MAKS TIPM rebuilders and installed it. That fixed the right side signal problem (day and night). have the same problem with the right side and back up lights. bought new multifunction switch for lights...no fix. don't really care about the backup lights but I really need the turn signal to work. people don't know what hand signals are anymore....any help, ideas, similar problems please let me know, my next action will be to take to dealer and have cpu flashed..

Did you talk to the TIPM rebuilder about the other problem? Have you checked your grounds? Bad grounds can cause alot of electrical problems.

Did you do what's called a hard reset after the TIPM install?

Last edited:
going to make a list of where the grounds are and check them if the cpu flash doesn't fix it..i'll be working in the dirt/mud so i'm putting that at the end of my list. just aggravating, this jeep only has 48k miles on it and the dealer wanted a $1200 bill to fix.. tipm rebuilder says they're all checked before shipped and it sounds like some other problem other than the tipm. of course that wasn't their story before I bought from them.

Would this be something Jscan could fix?

Unfortunately not, it only works with LED headlights and fog lights.

jscan is a new term to me. what exactly does it do?

It's a must have app for your Jeep. You can download it on the Apple App Store or Google Play by searching for J-Scan.

You'll also need one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4873/?tag=jkforum-20

If you plan on owning your Jeep for a long time, you want this app, trust me. With it you can recalibrate the speedometer (after increasing tire size), disable and enable tons of factory features you never even knew about, and so much more.

Download it and buy that Bluetooth module I linked to above (you need it so you can connect to the car) and you'll thank me later. It's also an OBDII scanner, so you can read codes as well.

Just out of curiosity, have you inspected the turn signal itself and looked at the wiring and connections, just to see if any are damaged, corroded, etc.

Reactions: BLACKJKU