Trying to identify part help

chrispeel2001

I'm trying to identify the circled tube. It's leaking fuel at the connection to the rear.
20230113_131222.jpg

I have the same issue on my 2008 JKU. I had it at my mechanic since I've never worked on fuel lines and he said that part isn't available anywhere until sometime in later summer of 2023! He made a temporary repair but I'm still looking for a better solution.
If you get high pressure fuel line for fuel injection engines, could you clamp a piece of rubber tube in place of this? Has anyone come up with a good replacement option?

Reactions: chrispeel2001
I have the same issue on my 2008 JKU. I had it at my mechanic since I've never worked on fuel lines and he said that part isn't available anywhere until sometime in later summer of 2023! He made a temporary repair but I'm still looking for a better solution.
If you get high pressure fuel line for fuel injection engines, could you clamp a piece of rubber tube in place of this? Has anyone come up with a good replacement option?
"High pressure" and "rubber tube" do not belong in the same sentence, lot alone the same circuit.

I used to work at a machine shop that made custom hydraulic hoses with any kind of fittings on them. Hydraulic hoses are made to handle oils at very high temperature and extreme pressures maybe a hydraulic shop could make a fuel line for something like that. The may even be able to crimp a new fitting on the same line depending on how much slack there is.

Reactions: chrispeel2001
No
How about a fuel line that meets SAE J30R9 standards for high pressure injection lines rather than "Rubber"?
Now you're talking about a custom made high pressure line. That would work, since you'd be paying someone to hand make the same product you'd buy (if you could find it).