Transmission issues

Duckies jeep

hello,

So I just did a gear swap on my jeep. I have 33s so I decided to go with 4.56 gears. After changing parts that needed to be changed such as spider gears in the rear I finically got my jeep up and running. However, when I took it for a test drive, it won’t shift out of first gear. And when I stop and put it in park then try to either put it in reverse or drive, it won’t go into gear at all. I have to turn the jeep off then start it back up in order to get it into gear. I’m replacing my engine oil pressure sensor here with in the next few hours. Can anyone tell me what else it could be if that doesn’t work? The sensor needs to be changed regardless so I’m not changing it for the transmission. I also looked for transmission pressure switch but can’t seam to find one ANYWHERE. does anyone have any ideas or perfections or information that would help. I really appreciate it

Tire and gear change from stock will require the Speedometer to be recalibrated so that it reads correctly. I used a GPS to verify the new calibration is correct.

Reactions: tJKrider
It also helps to actually put the year/model in your request for help. :) The late night info I posted was applicable to JK/JKU models.

Once you get the app (and buy the license) and adapter, you'll set tire height by measuring actual tire height and then set the gear ratio. Once you put that info in, JScan will do a pop up and tell you it needs to reprogram the transmission. Don't skip that. I just did mine a month ago.

It also helps to actually put the year/model in your request for help. :) The late night info I posted was applicable to JK/JKU models.

Once you get the app (and buy the license) and adapter, you'll set tire height by measuring actual tire height and then set the gear ratio. Once you put that info in, JScan will do a pop up and tell you it needs to reprogram the transmission. Don't skip that. I just did mine a month ago.
Sorry it’s a 2013 unlimited sport jk