Transmission acting weird

Millz24

Just bought an 09 rubicon unlimited about a week ago. It had a transmission leak so I replaced the gasket and filled it back up with new fluid. Other then that was having no problems no codes are anything. Now since putting in the new fluids and driving I'm getting 2 different error codes one is p0731 gear 1 incorrect ratio the second one being p0486 transmission fluid pressure sensor. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening or how to correct this issue.

For the p0731 code, double check your fluid levels. Other possible causes are a bad shift solenoid or a wiring problem. You could have jiggled a connection loose while changing the pan gasket.
Code p0486 is an EGR problem. Nothing to do with your transmission at all. While you're double checking things for the p0731, I'd double check what this code actually is.

When I test it cold its above the hot line when I test it after running it for awhile and going through the gears and check the dipstick it's like there is no fluid in it. When I switched the fluid a little over 4qt came out so that's what I put back in I used mopar Atf +4 which was what was recommended when I looked it up.

So originally when I filled it I put in 5 qts because it wasn't reading on the dipstick at 4 qts ran it and it ran great for a day then started sending me the codes so I parked it not wanting I do more damage . I thought maybe I put in to much fluid so yesterday I pumped out a qt and ran it again hoping that was the fix, but it was even worse any time I hit the gas it would just rev high and eventually get into gear

So originally when I filled it I put in 5 qts because it wasn't reading on the dipstick at 4 qts ran it and it ran great for a day then started sending me the codes so I parked it not wanting I do more damage . I thought maybe I put in to much fluid so yesterday I pumped out a qt and ran it again hoping that was the fix, but it was even worse any time I hit the gas it would just rev high and eventually get into gear
So I think we have found your problem...

Ten seconds with Google informs me that your transmission capacity is 8.8qts. This would be confirmed by your dipstick (you need to check it with the engine at operating temperature, with the engine idling, on level ground). It also goes along with your statement
any time I hit the gas it would just rev high
another common symptom of low transmission fluid. Go fill it properly and see if that fixes your problems. At this point, I'd get the engine warm, add a quart, run through the gears on level ground and check the dipstick. Rinse and repeat till it's in the zone.

Wouldn't the 8.8qts be for a dry fill thought not a service fill ?
Yes. But you don't know how much was in it to begin with. Because it had a leak before you bought it. And therefore you don't know how much is in it NOW, either.

It's pretty difficult for a dipstick to be inaccurate. Yours says you're low. The way your transmission is shifting (or failing to shift) confirms that you're low.

Occam's razor.