TrentJ23

Hello All,

New to the forum and fairly new to jeeps. Not new to mechanical work at all. I recently swapped a (2013- Auto)241OR t-case into my 2013 (auto) Sahara JKU. While I had the rock-trac case on the bench I figured I’d install the 2 Lo kit from Teraflex. Everything went really smooth. Plus I was able to clean the case up, and paint it. I always dive into meaningless extra steps for no good reason 🤷‍♂️. I changed the ratio via the Superchips tuner I have immediately. I cycled the tcase all the way through all the selectors before attempting to drive. It felt smooth and engaged everywhere as normal. I took it to some local trails and played with all the settings for over an hour. Everything worked perfectly and the 4:1 ratio was awesome. The next 3-4 weeks I daily drove the jeep around and never used any 4wd. Then we got a pretty good snow storm. When leaving work I put it in 4 hi. I felt it engage easily as normal and the indicator light came on. Then the indicator light started going on and off intermittently. When the light flickers off, the jeep starts to sputter and will not move regardless of throttle input (like limp mode). Then when the light comes back, it’s fine again. However it does that on and off every 2-3 seconds, obviously not drivable. If I shift to 2 hi it runs completely normal. If I go to the new 2 lo, or 4 lo, it runs fine and indicator light works correctly. I’ve tried 2 different shift indicator sensors, no change. Looked at the harness, seems to be fine. Definitely seems to be an odd electrical issue. Judging by the lack of sensors, and simplicity of the internals of the t-case, I’m really not sure what the issue is. Also not sure why it worked fine the first time out, and not again after that. Also crazy to me that I can’t find this same issue reported anywhere on any forums or facebook pages. From what I can see, these swaps usually go easily and the Jeeps are happy afterwards. Any insights or ideas are appreciated. Not sure where to go other than to pull the case back out, but not even sure what I’d look at. Seems to be an ECM issue or something, but again, the system doesn’t seem that complex. And why only 4 hi affected? I also noticed the other day that when the 4x4 indicator goes off, if I’m in reverse, the backup camera and reverse lights all shut off as well, then when indicator light is back on, camera and lights are normal. Really sounds like a hiccup in the ECM, just doesn’t make any sense for it to be related only to a single input on the transfer case. Thanks for any insights.
IMG_0125.jpeg
IMG_0122.jpeg
IMG_0119.jpeg