Trailer Brake Controller

tracyclifton

2011 JKU Rubicon. I installed my 7 pin trailer wiring connector today. Before I start on the wiring for the trailer brake controller, does anyone know if there a plug and play harness from any brand controller to the under dash wiring for these? Looks like I will have to tap into a wire on the brake light switch if not. Thanks in advance.

The Tekonsha Prodigy RF would work for you. It's a wireless setup. You have a small handheld controller that plugs into the 12v outlet in the Jeep. The rest of the controller is setup on the frame of the trailer. I've been a fan Prodigy. Installed many of their brake controllers in lots of different vehicles when I worked on RV's and campers.

The Tekonsha Prodigy RF would work for you. It's a wireless setup. You have a small handheld controller that plugs into the 12v outlet in the Jeep. The rest of the controller is setup on the frame of the trailer. I've been a fan Prodigy. Installed many of their brake controllers in lots of different vehicles when I worked on RV's and campers.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

So I really like this. One question, does it get its brake signal from the brake circuit on the 4 wire that is plugged into the new 7 wire? In other words, all I did is mount my 7 wire and plug my factory 4 wire into the new 7 wire, does it work or do I need to run any other wires to the 7 wire? This is what I used for my 7 wire. Thanks. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B19GV5RV/?tag=jkforum-20

So I really like this. One question, does it get its brake signal from the brake circuit on the 4 wire that is plugged into the new 7 wire? In other words, all I did is mount my 7 wire and plug my factory 4 wire into the new 7 wire, does it work or do I need to run any other wires to the 7 wire? This is what I used for my 7 wire. Thanks. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B19GV5RV/?tag=jkforum-20
It looks like the setup you bought will need a brake signal input.

After some research I think I will go with the Curt Echo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JQ99SDD/?tag=jkforum-20. I do need to run a constant 12v from the battery to the 7 pin. I picked up the wire this morning and the 30amp breaker should be here today. Thanks for the help.
The white wire will need grounded, the black wire will need + 12v and the yellow and blue wires do not get connected. Your black 12v + wire will power on the Echo and from the Echo, it will send the power to the magnets when called for.

Thanks. I grounded the white to the metal rear bumper. I got 10 gauge wire to run from the battery for the 12v pos with a 30 amp Bussmann breaker.

Reactions: JeepJeezy