Traction control button does nothing

Good info that I didn’t fully consider.
Thanks. I’ll do some more research before I shoot myself in the foot.
I do not have a limited slip rear 😞 so I don’t want to loose the BLD.

I beg to differ, and I have video proof 🤣🤣🤣
I don't think power braking really counts... I mean, you can do a burn out in your SmartCar if you power brake it.
1667860101137.png

• Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
I have a 2012 JKU. My jeep's TCS/ESP used to work normally. Currently, when I turn the key on, the ESP/TCS lights do not come on (key on position). I know the bulbs/display works because I can turn them on manually in Jscan. There are no faults on the ECU, or ABS modules. I know the TCS/ESP button works becuase I can see the input in Jscan, and ESC will disable if I hold it down, while in 4H. I get an "ESC Disabled" message in the information center, but the TCS light does not come on, in the cluster. I have no warning lights... I'm stumped.

This is my dumb ass question for today. What exactly does the traction control do when it's activated? Or is it deactivated when the light is on. It's something I never paid much attention to.
I wondered the same thing , so when we had ice and snow on the roads I went to a big empty parking lot and tried dona donut with the traction control on and it would not let the jeep slide around. I turned it off and punched and the ass end whooped all the way around .

First post. I bought a 2014 and am having the same TC button dead. Has there been a fix found?
Do you have Jscan? Through Jscan I can see the "state" of the botton as "pressed" or "not pressed." I know mine is working because the state is changing when I press it.

I fixed my issue by doing a "restore to factory" restore using jscan. I suspect jscan is what broke my function in the first place. Porbably the "ABS+ESP Kill"