TPMS reset

JeepnITguy

Hey all,
I have a situation that I hope someone can help me with. I have a 2015, I bought the stock tires from a 2018 JL. As expected the tpms needs to be reset. I found a universal reset tool that says that all keeps are compatible. Of course the instructions are limited, and I can’t find anything on the interwebs that is remotely helpful. My first question would be, can the sensors in the JL tires be read from my JK? Second question is if so, how do I get them to be seen?

thanks

They should be able to be used, yes.

You can do this using the J-Scan app I believe.

You'll need one of these as well to connect:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4873/?tag=jkforum-20

By the way, that app is a MUST HAVE if you own a JK, I'm not kidding. Download it, get that adapter, and then you'll see just what I mean.
Chris,
Thanks for the reply. I was reading up on the app and adapter, I saw that the app you had to purchase a license for your vehicle, which I understand. But in a couple of the reviews for the adapter I read where you had to pay a monthly fee to get the full use of it? Is that true?

Thanks

They changed the frequency in the sensors sometime around your year, I ran into same problem when I put 2018's on my 2008. I just disabled the TPMS with my Hypertec.

Chris,
Thanks for the reply. I was reading up on the app and adapter, I saw that the app you had to purchase a license for your vehicle, which I understand. But in a couple of the reviews for the adapter I read where you had to pay a monthly fee to get the full use of it? Is that true?

Thanks

When you connect for the first time (with that adapter I linked to), you will need to purchase a one time license. I had to pay $17 I believe it was for mine, and that's it. The catch of course is that you can only use that license for ONE vehicle. It locks it to your VIN number, so if you ever want to use it on another vehicle, you have to pay for a license (one time) for that other vehicle as well.