To buy or not to buy???

Granny21

I don't currently own a Jeep 😬 but, I have a relative selling a 2007 Sahara Unlimited...2WD. It has 200,000 miles and has very few options and has the death wobble. Its pretty basic.
I can get it for 4k and have probably 10k to put into it but is it worth putting money into such a basic model? I know to each his own and the 10k is just the initial get it up to par but I'm looking for some guidance...is it worth getting into?

I don't currently own a Jeep 😬 but, I have a relative selling a 2007 Sahara Unlimited...2WD. It has 200,000 miles and has very few options and has the death wobble. Its pretty basic.
I can get it for 4k and have probably 10k to put into it but is it worth putting money into such a basic model? I know to each his own and the 10k is just the initial get it up to par but I'm looking for some guidance...is it worth getting into?

Keep on walking.

I'm pretty sure the 2wd ones have basically no resale. Any other Jeep would be an easy buy, but you'll never get that 14k back out of it.

If the 3.8 engine doesn't scare you away, (it's what I have). An early model JK can be had for much cheaper than a 3.6 of 2012 and later, and they are still capable. A 2wd isn't worth fixing back up, and similar models can be had.

Reactions: mrjp